Nutrition and Basic Health
MCDP has well-recognized the lack of awareness of the community on basic nutrition and health have been the major impedimentto the well-being of families in general and children in particular. Similarly, the absence of adequate awareness on the preparation of balanced diet from the available food items at home are the factors that have been leading to malnutrition and frequent illness among poor women and their children. Cognizant of these, MCDP has made Basic Health and Nutrition one of the components of its integrated development program.Accordingly, MCDP has been doing the following:
- Training on personal hygiene and environmental sanitation;
- Provide awareness creation program on balanced diet preparationthrough food demonstration, media outlet and Nutrition Day Event;
- Creating Nutrition corners, with full display materials at the primary schools and MCDP Offices;
- Facilitates Panel discussion with relevant stakeholders;
- Nutrition Manual, stickers, billboard, banners, fliers and documentary film production-click the link for the film spot.
Nutrition Corner and Food Demonstration