Governance and Staff
The governance structure of MCDP has the following three structures:
- The General Assembly is the highest decision making body within the governance system of the organization,
- The Board of Directors provides policy guidance to executive body and appoints the Executive Director;
- The Executive Director leads the program and administration team who are responsible for day to day operation of the organization.
The head office consists of the Finance and Admin Department, Program Department/ Manager and Project Managers who reports to the Executive Directress.
Administration and Finance Department
The administration and finance department is one of the most important functions of the organization and is responsible for maintaining the day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services and contributes its share for the success of the mission and objectives of the organization. The administration section is particularly responsible for the human resource in recruitment, selection and hiring capable employees and establishes and maintains pleasant organizational climate that encourages the development, retention and a high level of moral among employees. The Financial and the human resource manuals are in place and being used as guiding document with regard to policy and procedures.
The finance department is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization. The finance department is closely working with program staffs and prepares the organization’s budget and forecasts the cash flow and report back on the progress against these throughout the year for the management and donors. It covers wide range of activities from recording, summarizing, analyzing and providing financial information to assist managers in making strategic decisions. The organization underway an acceptable financial policy and procedures and uses computerized accounting system so as to manage the day to day transaction in an efficient and effective manner.
MCDP has the following policy and manuals that it abides by:
- Financial Policy and Procedure Manuals
- Human Resource Manual containing Child Protection Policy
- Purchase Procedure and Purchase committee
- Policy of rent free premises for program and office building; hence it has its own program and office premises.